Tamilnadu SLET Exam 2014
SLET stands for State Level Eligibility Test for Lectureship. When compared with UGC NET, the written test for SLET is easy and candidate has an ease to choose the particular subject as it was only State Level. One of the major asset of AP SLET Exam was he/she will have an option to attend for test in their own mother tongue.
SLET Notification 2014 :
Tamilnadu SLET Exam Syllabus 2014
In this exam, three papers will be present which will contain 175 questions of 350 marks.
Paper 1 – In this exam, 60 questions will be available for applicants, which will be based on reasoning ability, English ability, and general awareness, comprehension. Each question carries 2 marks.
Paper 2 – In this exam, 50 questions will available of 2 marks each on the topic of reasoning ability, current affairs, etc.
Paper 3 – In this exam, 75 questions are answered by the candidates which contains 150 marks. Negative marking with 1/3 marks is also introduced in this paper. These questions are based on specialized subjects given below in detail.
- Chemical Sciences
- Computer Science & Application
- Home Science
- Journalism & Mass Communication
- Library and Information Science
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Political Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Social Work
- Public Administration
- Only those candidates who have completed/ are pursuing a UGC specified PG degree are eligible to appear in SLET.
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master’s Degree (or) equivalent examination are eligible (50% for candidates belonging to SCs/STs/PH/Blind categories)
- Candidates who have appeared (or) would be appearing at the qualifying examination may also apply
- Ph.D. degree holder whose Master’s level examination was completed by Sept. 19,1991 are eligible for relaxation of 5% of marks from 55% to 50% to appear in SLET
- Candidates have to appear in the subject of their Postgraduation only. However, those candidates, whose Postgraduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects may appear in a related subject
- The process for the selection of the eligible job seeker is based on the written exam and interview. Those candidates who are able to qualify the written exam will be called for the final interview.